Women Want a Man With the Right Smell
Recent research reveals women are more influenced by how a man smells than how he looks. It is all done unconsciously and is based on the subtle chemical odors related to men's immune system.
Scientists have identified a range of subtle chemicals and odors associated with men's immune system. These odors, called pheromones, are secreted by men's skin. In tests, women were able to use these pheromones to sort men with similar immune systems from men with very different immune systems. They did this even when the chemical odors were not detectable consciously. Men could not do the same test and scored the same as if flipping a coin.
The evolutionary wisdom in women's heightened smelling ability is evident. Historically, women who selected men with the most different immune system produced children with an immune system that had the most defenses against the hazards to good health and survival.
Recent research also revels that women's sexual attraction to their selected man is modulated by his odors. This means women's chemistry is therefore controlled and stimulated -- or not -- by how the man smells! Research also revealed that women married -- or in long term relationships with men who had immune systems similar to their own -- actually did have, or at least thought about having, sex with other men than their mate. The high degree of satisfaction with a marriage or long term relationship correlated with big difference in immune systems. The most dissatisfied couples had the most similar immune systems. The statistical evidence was only in women.
Women's Selection Criteria is in Their Nose
The ability to detect a male with a very different immune system by his odor is unique to females. This difference between men and women lies in a strip of genes, called Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC), that control cells making proteins used in recognizing virus, bacteria, pollen and dangerous substances.
It appears women, and many female animals, can unconsciously detect the amount and strength of these proteins in males. These proteins detected in males stimulated the females' sexual attraction and drive. Researchers warn that this is not the only criteria females use to select a male for a mate but it appears to be one important decider that has been strengthened in female's evolutionary process.
Valuable Advice For MenUnderstand that if that perfect woman you just met is turned off by you, maybe you just don't have an immune system different enough from hers. (Means you don't smell good enough to her!) If that is the case, there is still something you can do to be more appealing. Most women find a man appealing who uses a light spray or deodorant such as ocean breeze, kiwi, or a combination of baby powder and chocolate. The smell of a man's clean skin with a little fresh sweat, combined with fresh fruity scents, is a strong sexual stimulant for most women. (Guys, maybe you can get away with the chocolate smell for a while, but eventually you will need to shower!)
Click Here for Additional Comments . . .
Women Want a Man With the Right Smell
Women have a keen sense of smell and use it unconsciously to help select their best mate. Smelling each man is an important part of women's tools in search of a mate.
Guys, your appeal to your desired woman's olfactory senses is not easy to control, but here is a start:
- Be aware that women's sensitivity to smells is about 1000 times stronger than men's. So dousing your body with strong after-shave, underarm, foot, and crotch chemicals will probably kill her desire for you when she first comes to within 10 feet of you. Be SPARING on any added fragrances, which if used at all should be very light and be the oder of flowers or food. (Chocolate is a favorite smell for many women.)
- A turn-on for most women is a man's clean skin with a slight hint of fresh sweat, especially during her ovulation date.
- When not ovulating, many women dislike any smell of men. The best you guys can do during this time is to shower often and use a little fragrance of food or flowers to hide your male smell. (Don't forget, her smelling senses are 1000 times better than yours! That means 2 drops for you is equal to about a full fluid ounce to her.)
- About Men, Women, and Relationships
- How The Mating Game Really Works
- What Are The Real Love Chemicals?
- About Us